Dr Blecher is available to provide med-legal services and has a special interest in concussion litigation and sports-related head trauma. He has decades of experience caring for concussed athletes and has lectured extensively on the subject. He has served as an expert witness in several sports-related concussion lawsuits and was the expert physician witness in the landmark case of Scotty Eveland [“Scott Eveland vs San Marcos Unified School District”] in which a brain injured athlete received a $4.4M settlement from the school district.
Dr Blecher has served as a speaker for NFL Concussion Litigation – The Science of Sport (Webinar) and has written numerous articles on the subject, several of which have appeared in “NFL Concussion Litigation” and “Concussion Policy and the Law”. Dr Blecher is also listed as an expert witness referral for “Concussion Policy and the Law”.
MD Finds His Niche Treating Concussed Patients and Serving as Expert Witness
Click here for more information
If you are interested in obtaining Dr Blecher’s med/legal services please contact his practice coordinator Carmen Coreas at (818) 901-6600 ext 6551.
Dr Blecher’s Concussion Litigation articles:
- Op-Ed: The NFL Concussion Crisis & The Doctor-Patient Relationship
- Un-Ringing the Bell: Lessons From ‘Eveland v. San Marcos Unified School District’ High School Football
- Guest Post: Is “Preventing Concussions” False Advertising? Preventing concussions
Other Concussion-related articles featuring Dr Blecher:
- California Health Report – New law targets brain injuries in high school sports
- Concussion Policy & the Law – Expert Witness Weighs In on Concussion Case
- YouTube video – Law and Batting Order – Episode 34: Concussions and Medicine (Interview w/ Dr. Andrew Blecher)
- AMA news – Doctors key players in NFL concussion litigation
Watch Dr. Blecher in the Media
See Dr Andrew M. Blecher in action in his latest media appearances and videos online.